loyalty Hot Deals
This boat is the perfect size for smaller, intimate parties.
An airboat tour of the swamp is an exciting way to kick off any bachelor or bachelorette party, birthday celebration or family reunion.
Drive-out approximately 30 miles (48 km) to the embarkation point of your airboat from your New Orleans hotel. Depending on the option you selected, board a medium airboat holding 15 to 25 passengers or a small airboat limited to six to eight passengers for a more intimate, personalized experience.
Set out on a 20,000-acre (8,095-hectare) tract of tidewater cypress swamp close to the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. Your flat-bottomed airboat is powered by an aircraft propeller to allow a fast, fluid trip through the shallow marshes. Feel the wind on your face as you zip into bayous lined with mossy cypress and tupelo-gum trees and your pilot points out a stunning variety of wildlife.
Prepare to see plenty of alligators in the warmer months (and warmer days in winter), some of which may be out sunning themselves on rocks! Your guide may even feed the gators, affording you amazing photo opportunities. Also keep your eyes open for turtles, snakes, egrets, herons and ibis. You may even catch sight of a hawk, owl or bald eagle. In the cooler months, look for white-tailed deer, raccoons and the large rodents known as nutria.
Your morning or afternoon airboat tour ends at the embarkation point. Be sure to check out the indoor exhibits of alligators — including an albino alligator — before making your way back to downtown New Orleans on your own.
Note: This tour does not include hotel pick-up or drop-off unless hotel pickup and drop-off is selected at checkout. You must buy transportation for every guest who needs transportation ($20).
Duration: 2 hours
- Full refund if canceled at least 48 hours before the tour.
- Airboat ride
- Local guide
- Hotel drop-off (If tour option with transport is selected at the time of booking.)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Reservations booked separately will not be guaranteed to be on the same boat.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.